SIERRA BAGUALES TREK**
Sierra Baguales, an isolated volcanic mountain with a huge area of paleontology.
Baguales mountain range is one of the few places that have been studied in relation to its unique geological composition of igneous rocks. This characteristic is what makes this place so special and of a unique beauty. The mountain range is located north of the city of Puerto Natales on the border with Argentina and is 1.200 m.a.s.l.
In this hike, it is possible to find fossils and geological formations as well as local fauna such as: guanacos, condors and baguales (herds of wild horses).
Enjoy the feeling of being in a unique place in the world. A must for photography lovers.
07:30 a 08:00 hrs. - Pick up at your accommodation towards Baguales mountain range.
Our tour starts at an Estancia, from where we will do a short walk of half an hour to Irene Lagoon, which is a great spot for birdwatching and photography. At this point we will also learn more about the indigenous history and the Patagonian colonisation process. Right after it we will get on our van and drive towards the start of the trail (of medium difficulty).
The trail is 12 kilometers long (7.4 miles), we will start going up and on the way it might be possible to spot some of the local fauna that live in the Bagual Mountain Range such as: pumas, guanacos and wild horses.
Our goal is to reach the lookout at 1.200 m.a.s.l (3937 ft), where we will enjoy a great panoramic view of the cordillera and the whole landscape. At this lookout point there will be some time to eat our box lunch, rest and take some photographs.
Along the trail it is possible to find marine fossils of millions of years, which means that this whole area was once a seabed.
We will start our hike back along the same way to get on our van and begin our drive back to Puerto Natales
Approximate time of arrival in Puerto Natales: 17:30 hrs.
- Times may vary according to weather conditions and physical conditions of the passengers.
- The excursion can be suspended due to bad weather, which implies climatic conditions such as strong winds, rain and snow.
- Cancellation and reschedule policy will be sent by e-mail or whatsapp.
- If you do not find availability in our online store, consult through our contact form or by WhatsApp.
- Minimum of people for your departure is two people**.
- The cancellation of day trips must be made 24 hours in advance of the requested date, otherwise the reservation will be charged 100%.